The Accord Multi Academy Trust is an educational charity established in September 2016 that is currently made up of four academies who were the founding members of the Trust. In September 2016 Horbury Academy and Ossett Academy & Sixth Form College came together, moving away from their stand-alone Trust status and were joined in December 2016 by Horbury Primary Academy and Middlestown Primary Academy.
The overarching vision for the Trust is to work in one ‘Accord – celebrating the differences of each academy through strong collaboration in order to inspire all members of our learning community to be the best that they can be.’ Our academies work on the following key principles:
- Ambitious for our young people and staff
- Creating a positive climate and an ethos for learning and success
- Collaborative to secure the best possible learning experiences for young people and staff
- Opening doors for parents, carers and the community and being fully inclusive
- Resilient in order to develop in young people and staff a mind-set for success
- Dynamic and reflective learning communities.
Our vision and key principles are underpinned by the highest expectations on what every child can achieve regardless of their context or starting point with an aspiration to provide a world class education for all young people within our community.
Trust academies work in one Accord with a single, shared vision.